Please be advised: Your meter is automatically set up to connect to Bluetooth, as long as your device is Bluetooth enabled and your Bluetooth is turned ON. It will also automatically sync your time and date to ensure your meter is accurate.
If your meter is not syncing via Bluetooth, please verify the following testing protocol is completed:
- Make sure your app is closed
- Turn on your meter and take your reading(s)
- Turn your meter OFF
- Open your app
- Turn your meter ON
- Your app will then find your readings
If you are testing in that order and still have issues, please also check the following:
- For an iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth and ensure the toggle is green, marking it as “on”.
- For an Android: From the Home screen, tap the Menu key > Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the Bluetooth switch to turn it on.
- Please also make sure you have your location turned "On" for the Virta App. To do this go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services, then find the Virta app and toggle "On".
Ensure you have the latest version of the app. You may need to uninstall and reinstall to make sure the app is up to date.
- Reboot your phone completely. (doing so will not delete your historical data)
Other Helpful Tips
Another way to resolve many bluetooth issues is to "Forget This Device" located in the Device and Settings section of the Virta App Menu. Then you will have the option to pair the meter again and it will walk you through the steps in order to do so.
Your app and meter will use the time of the reading to automatically assign fasting, before meal, or after meal; you can double-check and edit any of these as needed.
If your meter is approaching its data limit, please follow instructions located here: Bluetooth - Meter approaching data limit