To enable Bluetooth for the first time please see Enabling Bluetooth Functionality
For the initial sync instructional video click play on the video below:
Your meter is automatically set up to connect to Bluetooth, as long as your device is Bluetooth enabled and your Bluetooth is turned on. It will also automatically sync your time and date to ensure your meter is accurate.
- For an iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth and ensure the toggle is green, marking it as “on”.
- For an Android: From the Home screen, tap the Menu key > Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the Bluetooth switch to turn it on.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the app. You may need to uninstall and reinstall to make sure the app is up to date.
- Reboot your phone completely.
In order to sync, ensure that both your meter is turned on and that your Virta app is open.
- You can manually start the syncing process by tapping “Sync Meter” on the today screen or readings will be added automatically once the meter is on and the app is open
Your app and meter will use the time of the reading to automatically assign fasting, before meal, or after meal; you can double-check and edit any of these as needed.
If your meter is approaching its data limit, please follow instructions located here: Bluetooth - Meter approaching data limit