Troubleshooting Error Codes for Your Keto-Mojo GK+ Meter
E11 or Battery Drain
The E11 error indicates that there is a problem with the batteries. The issue could be coming from the battery connection, the type of batteries being used in the meter, or low batteries. Please use the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the E11 error.
- Make sure the battery connection into the battery terminal is secure. The batteries should click into place and fit snug.
- Clean out any foreign debris from the battery terminal.
- Ensure that your meter is not being turned on while stored in the meter case. The "ON" button on the meter is easily pushed when it is pressed up against supplies or anything that may be stored in your meter case. To prevent the meter from turning on while closed in your case, please remove any bulky items in your meter case that may be pressing the "ON" button on your meter when the case is closed.
- Replace the batteries with generic-branded batteries.
- Do NOT use brand name batteries (like Duracell or Energizer) or rechargeable batteries.
Meter Not Reading Strips
If your meter is not reading the strips when you insert them into the meter with a firm, secure connection, you may have a bad batch of glucose or ketone strips. Please consider the following:
- Does the screen of your meter showing any error codes? If so, please see the table below for further troubleshooting help.
- Do you have a different box of strips, or possibly the strips that came in the meter box that you could try with the meter to test if the batch of strips you're using is bad?
If you feel you have a bad batch of strips, please provide the Lot Number on your strip packaging to our support team with details of what is going on. We will be happy to further assist!
The E2 error indicates that blood is put on the strip before the strip is inserted into the meter. Please see the instructions on how to test and prevent the E2 error below.
- With the meter off, put a clean strip in the meter.
- Wait until you hear a beep and see the droplet flashing at the right of the meter screen above the image of the strip before any blood comes near the strip.
- Hold the meter (with the clean strip in it) like a pencil (downward at a 45-degree angle). Bring the tip of the strip gently down to the blood sample and just breaking the surface of the blood bubble, let the meter sip up the blood until it beeps and starts to count down. Don't press too firmly into the finger, as this does not allow the strip to sip up the blood -- as it needs air, like a straw).
- Don't pull away from the droplet before the meter starts to count down.
If the above steps do not solve your issue, please send a message to our support team with details of what is going on. We will be happy to further assist!
Watch this video for instructions on troubleshooting the E2 Error Code: