The Virta Starter Kit includes enough supplies to get started on the Virta Treatment and begin your journey of restoring your metabolic health. Virta will then supply additional test strips, alcohol swabs, and lancets upon request for the duration of your treatment.
To review the items included in your starter kit, please view the support article below for your Virta treatment plan:
When will I receive my Virta Starter Kit?
- All starter kits ship via FedEx and arrive within 1-7 business days from the date of shipment. Please note: Starter kits cannot be delivered to PO boxes due to size restraints.
How to Setup and Use your Meter
To set up your new meter, please see the video below or visit How to Set Up your Virta Meter for step-by-step instructions on getting started, setting the meter time/date/alarm functions, reviewing meter memory, and properly storing your meter and testing materials in the case.
How do I connect my Virta Meter with the Virta app?
Bluetooth is now available to sync your glucose and ketone readings automatically! Your meter automatically has Bluetooth enabled to help you record more glucose and ketone readings seamlessly. To pair your meter with the app, check out our video reel on Bluetooth syncing below or visit Enabling Bluetooth Functionality for step-by-step instructions:
How do I test with my meter?
- The new Virta Glucose and Ketone Meter is more sensitive than many older model meters. While this leads to increased accuracy, it also means you need to follow all testing procedures precisely each time you test. We recommend you get started by watching a quick demonstration video below and reading through full step-by-step directions in the How to test using your meter support article.
How do I use the lancing device?
- If you experience any issues using the lancing device, please watch the short video and view more information within our support article How to use your lancing device. For broken devices, please reach out to our Support Team here.
When should I use the control solution?
- You do not need to use the control solution to calibrate the meter before first use. The control solution should only be used when you are having an issue with your meter, if the meter has been dropped or damaged, the test strips have been exposed to extreme temperature or humidity, or you suspect your meter or strips are not giving you accurate readings. Please visit our support article How and When to Use Control Solution for a video how-to and more information.
What should I do if my meter is showing an error code?
- If your meter is showing an on-screen error, please visit our support article for Troubleshooting Error Codes. If you are unable to resolve the issue through troubleshooting, please submit a request to our Support Team with details of the error and we will be happy to assist!
What should I do if I believe my meter is giving inaccurate results?
- If you feel you are getting inaccurate readings, please visit our support article How to Know if Your Meter is Accurate for in-depth information. You should always perform a control solution test to see if your meter and strips are testing within range. Please visit our detailed article How and When to use Control Solution.
How to Set Up and Use your BodyTrace Scale
Your BodyTrace Scale is able to transmit your weight to your Virta app through cellular data connection (not wifi or bluetooth) and it is automatically paired to your account when you begin treatment. Visit our How to get started with your BodyTrace Scale article for some pointers on how to make sure your scale works correctly and see the video below for how to get started:
Where should I place my scale?
- Please select a hard, flat surface with good cellular reception (try near a window, if possible). This scale will not give you accurate measurements if it is on a soft surface (e.g. carpet) and try to keep the scale in the same place as moving it or storing it on it’s side between readings can impact calibration. For more information, and for instructions to recalibrate your scale please visit General BodyTrace Scale Information.
Why isn’t my scale transmitting data to my Virta app?
- General issues with your scale may occur when your scale’s cellular connectivity is either weak or unable to connect at all. Many factors can contribute to connectivity issues such as weather-related changes (rain, snow, fog, humidity increases, etc). Scale software updates and cell tower maintenance can also affect the connectivity of your scale. In most cases, your scale should be able to reconnect within a matter of 24-48 hours. If your scale does not resume transmitting to the Virta app, please submit a request.
Can other people use my scale?
- No, it’s best that you are the sole user of your scale throughout the Virta treatment. Since your scale is transmitting your weight to the Virta App each day, you want to make sure that it’s not picking up your friends and family’s measurements.
What should I do if I’m receiving an error code?
- If your scale is showing an error, please visit our support article for Troubleshooting for Error Code Specific Issues. If you are unable to resolve the issue through troubleshooting, please submit a request to our Support Team with details of the error and we'll be happy to assist!
How and When Do I Request More Supplies?
Virta will resupply test strips, alcohol swabs, and lancets for the duration of your time on the Virta treatment. Virta does not resupply Magnesium tablets or Bouillon cubes, but Virta-friendly products can be ordered through Amazon using our links located here, or purchased at your local pharmacy.
When should I request more supplies?
- It is important to request all items that you need in the same order. Please place your order when you have ~10-14 days of supplies remaining in an effort not to run out and to allow for appropriate processing and shipping times.
How do I request more supplies?
- Open the Virta app or browser on your smartphone, tablet, or computer and login.
- In the app, click on the 3 horizontal lines on the top left of your 'today' screen. OR In the browser, click on the three horizontal bubbles 'More' button on the top right of your 'today' screen.
- Scroll down to the Support section, under which you will find the 'Request Supplies' tab. This will allow you to submit a new request anytime you need more supplies.
- Select the supplies you require, enter your address, and hit Submit.
- You will receive an email confirmation after submitting your order and once we have received and processed your request, you will receive a separate email with tracking information after the order has shipped and is on its way to you!
How much product will I receive each time I order?
- Virta ships 90 days of product with each supply request. The supply quantities sent with your order are correlated with the number of logs (for both glucose and ketones) that you have made in the Virta app in the past 90 days.
Please note: If you are fewer than 90 days into the treatment or have recently increased your logging habits, it may take a few resupply requests in order to receive a full 90 days of supplies (once you have achieved 90 days worth of logging in the app).
When will I receive my Virta supply order?
- Your resupply order will be processed and shipped the business day after you submit it. It will ship via USPS and typically arrives within 1-7 business days after shipping. You will receive an email with tracking information as soon as your order has shipped as well as a confirmation email from Virta after submitting your order.
Please note: It may take 24-48 hours for your tracking information to update once you receive it due to the package traveling from our warehouse to a USPS distribution center.
For more information, please visit our support center articles:
- Virta Shipping Policy: Shipment Carriers, Tracking and Returns
- General Supplies Information and How to Request Resupplies
Additional Supplies Overview
Where can I learn more about my Kitchen Food Scale?
- Visit our support center article Information regarding your Kitchen Food Scale to get troubleshooting assistance. Please note: Your scale will arrive with a plastic protection film on the surface that needs to be peeled off before use. The protection film may look scratched, but once you remove the film, the scale will look brand new with a stainless steel surface.
Where can I learn more about my Blood Pressure Device?
- Blood Pressure Cuff and Monitor systems are optional supplies provided to patients as directed by their Care Team. To learn more about the cuffs provided by Virta, please see our support article Information about your Blood Pressure Monitor and Cuff.
What are some Virta-Friendly Supplies?
- Please visit our support center article here for more information about Virta-friendly supplies and where to purchase them.
If you have any remaining questions or are experiencing any issues that cannot be resolved with information located in the support center articles, please click here to reach out to our Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist you!