We’re excited to support you in your journey to better health!
What's in your starter kit?
- Glucose & Ketone Meter with Strips
- Your glucose (blood sugar) and ketone measurements will help you understand the effect of food and other factors.
- Body Weight Scale
- Stepping on the scale daily will help you capture true weight changes over time.
- Note: Readings will automatically sync to the Virta app.
- Getting enough sodium is important for your health. Once started, you'll learn about your sodium needs and how bouillon can help you meet your individual needs.
- Kitchen Food Scale
- Your food scale will help you meet your personalized daily protein target. It is helpful to weigh your portions of protein-containing foods, such as nuts, meat and tofu.
- Note: The scale is especially helpful in the beginning for accurately estimating portion sizes and will help with spot protein checks along the way.
- This mineral helps with muscle cramps and spasms, which are common, and can be correct by getting enough magnesium. Your care team will help you decide if magnesium supplementation is right for you.
- Alcohol Swabs
- Recipe Book
- 17 recipes to help you get started with keto-friendly meals.
What can I do now?
Start learning and connecting!
Once in the Virta app, you can begin the educational series where you will learn all about the science of Virta, along with the how and whys of the Virta Treatment.
As you go through these videos, remember that your health coach team will help you understand how to personalize the treatment for you. We are always here for you and will continue to remind you of this! Let us know how we can help you!
Connect with other Virta patients through the private online community in the Virta app. This is a great place for learning, sharing, encouraging, and supporting one another.
Once your kit arrives
- Set up your meter
- Set the date and time
- Only use the control solution if you have an issue with the meter
- Visit our support articles about setting up your meter
- Set up your body-weight scale
- Use your scale on a hard, flat surface (not carpet), and try not to move it in-between sessions for reliable readings
- The scale is cellularly connected and readings will automatically sync to the app once the number flashes
Tracking your starter kit
If you are a new patient and awaiting your Starter Kit, please be on the lookout for an email with tracking information. Ensure you check your Junk and Spam folders.
If you did not receive tracking information regarding your Starter Kit, please Submit a request.
If you are not a new patient with Virta Health and are interested in being one, you can start the enrollment process and speak to a Virta specialist about your specific health and insurance needs, please visit https://my.virtahealth.com/apply/get-started today.