How to Get Started with your Precision Xtra Meter
You can view an online version of the Precision Xtra meter manual, here.
What kind of battery does my Precision Xtra meter use?
Your meter comes with a battery installed:
- One CR2032 battery.
- If you receive your Precision Xtra meter and it is telling you that the battery is low upon turning it on for the first time, (or your meter won't turn on at all), please contact our support team for a replacement battery, here.
- Battery replacements can be purchased, here.
What is Control Solution?
The control solution test tells you that your meter and test strips are working correctly. A control solution test is similar to when you monitor your blood glucose or blood ketone, except you use a MediSense Control Solution.
- You can purchase control solution for your Precision Xtra meter, here.
When is a Control Solution test necessary?
- When using your meter for the first time.
- To make sure that your meter and test strips are working properly.
- When opening a new box of test strips.
How do I set the Beeper, Date and Time?
Please check that the correct time and date is set before you use the meter for the first time. This will help you keep records of when you monitor. You must set the date and time to review averages. You also may need to set the date and time after you replace the battery, or when you travel between time zones.
To turn your meter ON, press and hold the I (middle) button. Press and hold the I button at any time to turn the meter off and save your settings. The meter automatically turns off after 30 seconds of no action. If you like the setting that you see on your meter and do not want to change it, press and release the I button to move to the next setup option.
Upon turning on your meter for the first time, it will prompt the setting options below in sequential order.
- Beeper Setting: The check mark means the beeper is on, and the X means the beeper is off.
- To change the beeper setting, use the right and left arrow buttons. Press and release the I button to save the beeper setting and move to the Set Time (hour).
- Use the same logic to set the Minutes.
- Use the same logic to set the Month and Day.
What are some tips for testing with my Precision Xtra meter?
- Do not use out-of-date test strips. Check the expiration date on the test strip box and each test strip foil packet. If only the month and year are printed on the test strip, then the expiration date is the last day of the month.
- Use the test strip immediately when you take it out of it’s foil packet.
- Do not use a wet, bent, scratched or damaged test strip.
- Do not use the test strip if its foil packet has a puncture or tear in it.
- Wash your hands or use an alcohol swab after preparing your lancing device.
- Use a new lancet with every test.
- Push the test strip into the meter until it stops and the meter will automatically turn on.
- After applying blood to the test strip, the meter will begin testing, displaying a status bar. Do not remove the strip from the meter or disturb it during the countdown.
What sites can I use to draw blood from besides my finger?
The most common and best place to draw blood from is your finger or finger tip. However, there are alternate sites that will work as well to measure your blood glucose and ketone levels with the meter. These sites include the side of your hand, the heel of your palm and even the top of your knee.
How do I connect my meter with the Virta App?
The Precision Xtra meter does not connect to the Virta App. Please manually enter your logging results into the Virta app.
What do I do if my Abbott Precision Xtra meter is not functioning correctly?
Abbott Precision Xtra Customer Service Phone: 855-632-8658
What do I do if I lost my meter?
Please Submit a request and we'll be happy to assist you with next steps to resolve this issue.