Connectivity issues with your scale will occur when your scale’s connectivity is either weak or unable to connect at all. Many factors contribute to connectivity issues, such as weather-related changes which include, but are not limited to rain, fog, and humidity increases. In addition, scale software updates and cell tower maintenance can also affect your scale’s connectivity. In most cases, your scale should be able to reconnect within a matter of 24-48 hours.
The scale uses AT&T cellular data to connect with our app, so you can think of it the same as your cellphone having good reception. You can take the following troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue:
- Confirm test at EXACT SAME location
- Confirm test at NEW location, preferably closer to window or somewhere that would have better cell reception
- Take three successive measurements
If your scale was working fine previously in the location that it's in, you may need to take the following steps to reset your scale and refresh your Virta app:
- Take the batteries out and leave them out for 60 minutes.
- Put them back in, and try taking three successive measurements to see if your values transmit.
- Log out of the Virta App completely. Log back in to see if your values have transmitted to the app.
If you still need assistance, please reach out to Support!