How does my app know what type of glucose reading I’m logging?
- The app will make an educated guess based on time of reading as to whether it is fasting, pre, or post meal. You can always edit the type of readings before uploading or in your daily history
Do I have to use this feature?
- You do not have to use Bluetooth syncing, however we do recommend it if you are able as it gives your coaches more data to work with to best support your journey. The option to manually log biomarkers will still be available
How do I enable Bluetooth on my device?
Bluetooth can be enabled in your device settings. This varies by type of device.
- For an iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth and ensure the toggle is “on”
- For an Android: From the Home screen, tap the Menu key > Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the Bluetooth switch to turn it on
- The Bluetooth functionality is automatically enabled for your meter
- Bluetooth syncing only works with the Virta app and your mobile device, not the website or mobile browser’s web page
- Bluetooth can be enabled in your device settings. This varies by type of device.
Can I delete readings?
- You are not able to manually delete readings, however, if you need to remove a reading due to an error (for example, someone else using the meter) please reach out to your Health Coach or ourSupport team for assistance
Why can I no longer add how long it's been since my last meal?
- This update was an intended change with bluetooth and soon to be manual reading inputs. Virta has determined that we only need to know if its fasting, before or after a meal
Why is my phone asking me for location permission?
- The Virta app does not collect or store the user's location while pairing with the Virta meter or during bluetooth data syncs. Whenever any app uses bluetooth, it is possible for the device's location to leak. Because of this possibility, Google requires apps with bluetooth pairing to ask for location permissions. Virta does not ask for or store a user's location while pairing with the Virta meter or conducting routine bluetooth data syncs.
If you still need assistance, please reach out to Support!