Getting Started: Step-by-step instructions
Watch this video for quick-start instructions for setting up your meter
- Your meter comes with batteries installed.
- Please note that you do not need to use the control solution to calibrate the meter before first use. The control solution should only be used when you are having an issue with your meter.
Set the Date and Time
To manually set the date and time, please see the instructions below.
- Start with the meter off (with no test strip inserted).
- Press and hold the Main power button (middle button on the front of the meter) for more than 2 seconds until the meter beeps. The meter is now in set-up mode and will prompt you for the clock format.
Clock format: you have two options for time format—12h or 24h. Press the buttons on the left side of the meter up or down to adjust and set the clock for 12 or 24 hour mode, then press the main power button twice to save your choice.
If you choose the 12h option, you will see "am" or "pm" at the end of the time. To select am/pm, continue scrolling through the options until you see your correct time with "am" or "pm" at the end.
- Most of our patients select a 12h format so that you can easily decipher am from pm readings.
- Date: it’s critical that your meter is set to the correct date. If your meter is not in the current year, you will receive errors and waste test strips. The year will now flash on the display. Press the buttons on the left side of the meter to adjust the year up or down until the year setting is accurate, then press the power button twice and it will prompt you for the month.
- Month will now flash. To advance the month, press the buttons on the side of the meter until the correct month appears. Press the Main power button twice to set the month.
- Day will now flash. Press the side buttons up or down to advance to the correct day. Press the Main power button twice to set the day.
- Time: the hour will be flashing. Press the side buttons up or down to adjust the hour, then press the Main power button twice to set the hour.
- Minute will now flash. Press the side button up or down to adjust the minute, then press the Main power button twice to set the minute.
If you still need assistance, please reach out to Support!